The Personal Data Protection Notice (“the Notice”) is issued pursuant to the enactment of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) to regulate the collection and processing of your Personal Data (as herein defined) by SPD Scientific (M) Sdn Bhd, its subsidiaries, associates, jointly controlled entities, affiliates (“SPDM”).
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy applies to covidtestkits.my (hereinafter known as the Website). It regulates the processing of information relating to You and grants You various rights in respect of Your personal data.
‘We’/ ‘Our’/ ‘Us’ shall mean and refer to SPDM.
‘You’/ ‘Your’/ ‘Yourself’/ ‘User’ shall mean and refer to natural and legal entities that enter and/or use the Website, either to put up content or to view/use such content that has been put up. ‘Personal Information’ shall mean and refer to any personally identifiable information that We may collect from You as more particualrly provided for below. ‘Third Parties’ refer to any application, website, company or individual apart from the User and the owner of the Website.
You have to register with Your personal information/ information to enjoy the services offered by Our Website. We may collect the following general types of information about You when You visit Our Site: personal information, demographic information, behavioural information, and indirect information.
Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual. This includes but is not limited to Name, Gender, Mailing Address, Photo, Telephone Number, Email ID, marital status, information of spouse / children, occupation, profession, designation, income range, credit card details, bank account number, information of employer, race, nationality and any other information that can be used to identify You.
We may occasionally ask You to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask You for contact information and demographic information (like postcode, age, or income level). We use this data to tailor Your experience at our Website, providing You with content that we think You might be interested in and to display content according to Your preferences.
Indirect information may be collected by Us about You when You use certain third party services on Our Site and the collection of such information is considered necessary for that purpose. We also use analytic to track You in remarketing.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information We gather on the Site for the following purposes:
Individual User information.
- To provide Our services. This includes providing communications, promotions and information on events which may be of interest to You that is organised, managed, facilitated, provided sponsored and/or participated by us.
- To communicate with you.
- To provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programs offered by third parties that may interest you.
- To facilitate payment in connection with the business or contractual dealings between SPDM and you and/or your company.
- To respond to any queries You may have and to communicate information to You. These include sending You e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the Website to contact You about Your opinion of current products and/or services or potential new products and/or services that may be offered.
- To conduct research, analysis, study, assessment, survey and or prepare reports or statistics to operate and improve SPDM business activities and/or the Website in order to foster a positive user experience.
- To comply with the applicable laws.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- For any other purpose(s) as SPDM shall deem fit and proper.
Information about all visitors collectively
We gather information about all of Our Users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. Such data is used anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps Us determine what is most beneficial for Our Users, and how We can continually create a better overall experience for them.
DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION
We disclose the information to the third parties in the method specified below, including, but not limited to:
- Disclosing the content posted by You on the Website, in order that our medical / healthcare / pharmacy practitioners, professionals and service providers who provide various services whom we have contractual arrangements with may facilitates our business operations.
- Sharing Your information with third parties who help Us in the delivery of our own services to you. Information is disclosed to companies and individuals who are authorised by Us to perform functions on Our behalf.
- Disclosing such information to third parties if You consent to such disclosure. If You indicate that You would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, We supply Your contact information to select third parties such organisers of or any entity associated with the events, or others for the purpose of sending You e-mail or otherwise communicating with You.
- We may share this information with Our partners and affiliates, but only in the aggregate, so that they too may understand how visitors use Our Website, and also create a better overall experience for You. We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the Website with Our clients, partners, other website visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors and how they use the website in order to serve advertisements and other kinds of marketing information to You on Our Website.
- We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires Our business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of Our assets. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of Our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Website.
- We disclose information if legally required to, pursuant to an order from a governmental entity, local authorities, statutory authorities, enforcement agencies under the law and industry regulatory or other authorities or in good faith. We will disclose the information to:
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies;
- prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- In case of medical emergency, if any person intends to threaten to commit suicide or is in a state of medical emergency, the company holds the right to disclose the identity of the patient to the relevant sources.
- SPDM employees, auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers, real estate agents, vendors, co-marketing partner, insurance company, property development and management manager and professional advisers.
EXTERNAL LINKS ON THE WEBSITE
The Website may include advertisements hyperlinks to other websites, applications, content or resources. We have no control over such external links present in the Website, which are provided by persons or companies other than Us. You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of Your Personal Information by any external sites, applications, companies or persons, nor are do We endorse any advertising, products or other material on or available from such external application, websites or resources.
Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under Our control. Whenever You change or access is in Our possession We adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
We provide all Users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of Our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
We do not collect sensitive personal data or information of Users like password of Your email account, password of Your account on the Website, biometric information such as finger prints, voice & facial patterns and DNA any other sensitive information which is confidential or sensitive by its nature, without your explicit consent or unless necessary by law. Financial information such as Bank Account details or Credit Card or Debit Card or other payment related details are collected at the payment gateway by the payment facilitator.
UPDATE AND REMOVE INFORMATION/ACCOUNT
You may have access to, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile, and make the necessary changes.
Before providing you with a copy of your personal information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, We reserve the right to verify and authenticate Your identity and the personal information to which You have requested access. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of Your personal information may be denied or limited by Us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
We reserve the right to update, change or modify this Policy at any time. The Policy shall come to effect from the date of such update, change or modification. If You continue to use Your account and/or access the Website even after any such changes have been made, it would be deemed to be an implied consent to the changed policy.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Our Website and some of our Web pages utilize ‘cookies’ and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Web user. Most browsers allow You to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify You if You receive a cookie, or You may choose to block cookies with Your browser, but please note that if You choose to erase or block Your cookies, You will need to re-enter Your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Website/App.
DATA TRANSFER AND SHARING
Where SPDM consider it is necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, SPDM may transfer the Personal Information to SPDM’s group of companies or any third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which SPDM’s group of companies are established under similar conditions, confidentiality and level of security safeguards.
You agree and undertake to indemnify Us against any suit or dispute by any Third Party arising out of disclosure of Personal Information by You to Third Parties either through Our Website or otherwise and Your use and access of websites, applications and resources of Third Parties. We assume no liability for any actions of Third Parties with regard to Your Personal Information, which You may have disclosed to such Third Parties.