EarlyTect Colon Cancer Test is a non-invasive molecular diagnostic test for early detection of colon cancer based on a high-performance biological marker, which can help detect the presence of colon cancer cells. The screening is recommended for individuals who:
- Are over the age of 40
- Have family history of colon or colorectal cancer
- Detect changes in Bowel habits
- Have blood in the stools
- Have had Inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Colon cancer has a high survival rate, of up to 90% when detected early.
- However, if caught at late stage, the survival chances fall to only 10%
- EarlyTect uses a patented technology that can detect the presence of colon cancer at early stages with a specificity of 90.2% and sensitivity at 90.2%
- The test is not affected by any sort of drugs
- It does not require anesthesia, colonic irrigation or fasting unlike other conventional colon screening tests
How does the testing process works:
- Upon purchasing , an all inclusive kit will be sent to your home.
- Collect your stool sample in the specimen tube by following the instructions provided. You will also be required to fill in a form with your particulars.
- Drop off the packages at the nearest delivery hub. No payment is required.
- DNA will be extracted from the stool and analyzed
- You will receive your results in 2 weeks. DoctorOnCall will arrange for a complementary teleconsultation with a doctor to explain your results.
- If it’s positive, you may be recommended by the doctor to do a colonoscopy
- If it’s negative, you are advised to repeat the screening again after 3 years.